Belleville, on the Bay of Quinte, is known as the “friendly city”. Belleville offers big city amenities along with small town friendliness, and a pleasing mixture of the historic and modern. Belleville was settled by United Empire Loyalists in 1784 and became a city in 1878.
Belleville is home to an excellent yacht harbour, which is a picturesque stopping point for Great Lakes sailors and a favourite launch for sportsfishing enthusiasts after Walleye, Pike and Bass. In the winter, Belleville becomes a major ice fishing centre. Each July thousands of visitors enjoy the Waterfront & Ethnic Festival, while beautiful music chimes year round from the City Hall clock tower, overlooking the new civic square and Farmers Market. Residents and visitors alike enjoy walking, biking and rollerblading on the Bayshore Trail and new Riverfront Trail.
Belleville is conveniently located on Hwy. 401, and definitely worth a visit. An award-winning Community in Bloom, there are floral displays throughout the City’s park system, thousands of roses in Corby Park, and an autumn extravaganza of Chrysanthemums in Riverside Park. Visitors will also find the city convenient to the Bay of Quinte region with its beaches, museums, bird migrations, racing facilities, factory outlets, numerous golf courses and First Nations attractions. Touring is a fascinating adventure along the Loyalist Parkway and Apple Route nearby.
For more information visit:
- Belleville Chamber of Commerce www.bellevillechamber.ca
- City of Belleville (municipality) www.city.belleville.on.ca
- Real Estate & Housing
- Jobs & Employment Services in Belleville
Where to Stay & Eat:
- Directory of hotels & motels in Belleville.
- Directory of B&B’s in Belleville
- Stay & Play Packages
- Restaurants & Caterers in Belleville
What to See & Do:
- Concerts at Zwick’s Island: www.concertsonthebay.ca
- Waterfront Trail: bayofquinte.com/site/about/city-of-belleville/belleville-waterfront-trail
- Moira River Trail: bayofquinte.com/site/about/city-of-belleville/belleville-moira-river-trail
- Events: www.snapquinte.com
- Area Attractions
- Art Galleries
- History & Heritage Sites
- Farm Market
- Recreation & Sports
- Parks & Trails in Belleville
- Activities for Youth